A majority of 66% of hospitals utilize EHR systems from Cerner, Epic or Meditech, as per data compiled by HIMSS Analytics, an auxiliary of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
The data, which HIMSS Analytics gave to HISTalk, depicts the EHR industry as separated by the number of hospital beds.
Here's the way 10 well known EHR merchants stack up over all hospital sizes.
Here is a list of the 10 most well known EHR systems which stacks up across the 66% of hospitals that use EHR:
1. Cerner - Based in North Kansas City : 23.6 percent
2. Epic - Based in Verona, Wis : 23.4 percent
3. Meditech - Based in Westwood, Mass : 19.4 percent
4. CPSI - Based in Mobile, Ala : 11.1 percent
5. Allscripts - Based in Chicago : 10.1 percent
6. Medhost - Based in Franklin, Tenn : 6.6 percent
7. Harris Healthcare - Based in Herndon, Va : 1.1 percent
8. blueEHR - Based in Mclean, VA : 1.1 percent
9. Athenahealth - Based in Watertown, Mass : 0.5 percent
10. GE Healthcare - Based in Chicago : 0.3 percent